Thursday, 21 July 2016
8 thoughts every parent has, three weeks into the Summer holidays
8 thoughts (some of which I may have voiced) every parent has three weeks into the summer holidays
1. The sun is out hurray. The school holidays haven’t been so bad this year. Oh I love the sun. It’s so much easier to do things with the kids when it’s glorious like this. I could get used to this weather.
2. I’m such a good mother- the kids haven’t spent hours on the ipad or Wii. They’ve been outdoors enjoying themselves. Well done me. Technology is not rearing my child. Wow, I can’t believe the fun they’re having with this paddling pool. Best 15 euro I’ve ever spent.
3. Oh for feck sake. Can no one dry their feet before they come inside? The kitchen floor is covered in water and grass. Right, I’m getting everyone showered now. I think they’ve had enough of it anyway. Time to put the paddling pool away for the day. Oh you don’t want to come in? Ok so. Suppose we should take advantage of the sunshine. I love this weather
4. I’ll keep an eye and make sure they don’t go inside again until they’ve dried their feet. Someone could slip on the kitchen floor. The dog looks very hot. Hang on - one, two , three… six . Damn! Someone has gone inside …. Who owns these swimming jocks in the middle of the kitchen?!!!
5. I wonder have they had enough fun yet? Need to get them showered and get the dinner on. Oh for God’s sake has he no trunks on again? Get off the trampoline and put some underpants on now!!!
6. Right that’s it. Time to go in. Last two minutes - I mean it now. I’m counting to 120 in my head. Where’s that water coming from? How did you turn that tap on? Put down the hose! Aahhhhh my washing!!
7. Ok, in now! This second! – shower time. No you can’t go back in after your shower, not today. You can the next day. Because I said so. No, no, no. You can play on your ipad. Well what about the Wii then? WHY IS THE KITCHEN FLOOR SOPPING AGAIN???!!!!!!!
8. Oh my God, how can we be less than three weeks into the holidays? How am I going to get through it? I’m putting a scissors through that bloody paddling pool.
………or is this just me?